Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Santa Claus is Coming to Town
One of my fondest childhood memories was all the wonderful decorating my mother always did for us at Christmas time. I didn't know anyone else who had such a neat front door with Santa peeking out & waving!

Can't you just see how mesmerized I was by "all things Christmas" even back then?!?
Gee, I wish I still had those huge candles !



I'm still busily unpacking all my Christmas goodies ~ this is my child's Spode Christmas Tea Set. I used to love to pretend to have tea parties when I was little & Mother would let me pour water for hours until I spilled it all. Not to worry though, as she always placed a very absorbant bath towel under my tea tray!!


My Spode German Christmas Santa



I bought this sweet Santa doorstopper at a yard sale back a couple of years ago & am just now getting around to painting & glittering him up for the holidays.

Christmas Hugs,

2 comments:

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Oh, that front door Santa you had as a child is just so dear!! What wonderful photos and memories!
My mom always made Christmas very special too; aren't we blessed?
:)
Becca

Unknown said...

Stephanie,
I have those dishes, and I love it when Christmas arrives so that I can use them. Believe it or not I bought these dishes in 1974. I love the photo of your Christmas when you were little. I linked to your lovely All Things Christmas blog today on my post. It is such a lovely place.
Karen